• Lead a team of senior/executives to manage building, facilities and equipment maintenance, facilities project management.
• Develop, implement, review and update guidelines, work processes and policies and procedures in support of the organisation’s mission.
• Prepare and manage department’s and Services facilities’ financial budget.
• Building, Facilities and Equipment Maintenance
Overseeing the management of the maintenance and upkeep of AWWA’s properties, premise, and equipment for AWWA’s wide services which includes:
o Overseeing building and maintenance contracts, renewal of certificates and licenses.
o Establishing a maintenance programme including planning, scheduling, and conducting routine maintenance checks of the building and equipment facilities at various locations and update records.
o Liaising and corresponding with internal stakeholders and contractors on the maintenance of the building, facilities, and equipment.
o Working with procurement and be part of the evaluation committee to prepare the scope of works, evaluate tenders/quotations and appoint contractors for contracts management, repairs and maintenance works and ad hoc rectification works.
o Managing safety and security systems which includes, staff access card system, car park management system, CCTV system, etc …
o Managing term contractors which includes checking of SOR for the assigned work and certifying payment.
o Managing vendors and conducting vendor performance review.
o Managing and purchasing of tools, equipment, and materials.
o Monitoring utilities usage.
o Compilation of all defects and maintenance works’ documents e.g., warranties, contract / agreement, etc.
o Conducting power shutdown according to EMA requirements
o Conducting of Indoor Air Quality every 3 years/or in accordance to authorities’ requirements.
• Facilities Project Management
Managing new construction, renovation, and improvement projects for AWWA services which includes:
o Project planning, work specifications, budgeting, and execution of projects
o Appointing and coordinating with Project Consultants where required
o Overseeing the construction work on site and attending site meetings
o Monitoring project schedule and reporting project status
o Processing work progress claims by contractors and suppliers
o Taking over inspection of the completed projects
o Administrating defects rectification
• Attend to facilities related emergency management and contingency planning.
• Attend to fault/alarm call as required.
• Prepare, review and analyse maintenance dashboard.
• Identify and implement process improvements for the department
• Ensures safety standards and regulations are observed for all AWWA premises.
• To carry out any other duties required by the assigned supervisor.
Minimum Education / Qualifications
• Diploma/ Degree in Building Services, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, Project/Estate Management or equivalent.
Minimum Years of Relevant Experience
• Minimum 10 years of relevant working experience, with 5 years in a supervisory or managerial position.
• Preferably certified Fire Safety Manager.
• Well-versed and experienced with good technical competency in in building, M&E services and project management.
• Knowledge in fire safety/facilities system and processes, green mark facilities management, environmental control regime.
• Hands on ability to lead the team on everyday operations.
• Independent with good leadership traits and lead by example.
• Good interpersonal and communication skills