Teacher Aide - Early Intervention (One Year Contract)
Job no: 493427
Work type: Contract, Full-Time
Location: Lorong Napiri
Primary Objectives of Position
To work towards the aim of EIC, which is to empower and maximize the potential for independence and improve the quality of life of children with special needs, by providing quality early intervention services through trans-disciplinary approach, family-centered practices and holistic outcome measurement system.
The Teacher Assistant is responsible for providing quality early intervention through education and learning in the EIC, thereby promoting and maintaining standards of excellence in the service delivery model to create positive clients’ outcomes.
1. To maintain the standards of service delivery in the EIC.
2. To report to the EIC regularly and attend classes, meetings, trainings and event punctually.
3. To support Early Intervention (EI) teachers in preparing developmentally appropriate teaching materials and resources to create quality natural learning environments.
4. To assist in the delivering of lessons by adopting suitable teaching and learning approaches to embed children’s functional goals in the daily activities.
5. To assist in implementation of appropriate classroom management strategies to manage a group of diverse learners.
6. To clarify or consult any matters pertaining to classroom with EI teacher-in-charge.
7. To update and maintain daily records of each child’s daily attendance in the salesforce system and absenteeism forms. Record keeping includes any other forms related to teaching and learning which are to be completed and submitted whenever necessary.
8. To assist in documentation work (i.e. typing, photocopying, distributing, etc.) related to Pre, as well as actual Parent-Team Conference (PTC) and other child related matters.
9. To be responsible in assisting all matters pertaining to the administration, intervention, caregiving and safety of the children.
10. To assist in maintaining regular communication with parent(s) or guardian(s) through the communication book, emails, telephone calls, or any other functional means.
11. To maintain health, safety, hygiene standards and procedures, and implement the appropriate course of action to protect and support children to create safe learning environments.
12. To attend meetings, discussions, trainings, workshops, functions and events as and when deemed necessary and fit for operations and professional development.
13. To provide administrative and logistical support for the outreach activities and community initiatives to create awareness of services provided by the centre.
14. To maintain confidentiality at all times with regard to all matters pertaining to the children, families, and staff.
1. To assist in ad-hoc projects/committees as and when required by the Head Teacher, Centre Manager and/or Senior Centre Manager.
2. To perform any other duties as directed by the EIC Director. To perform adhoc assignments as and when
Advertised: Singapore Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend