Job responsibilities of Head Teacher
Plan, Review & Report
1. To ensure excellent standards of service delivery by all early interventionist under his/her charge.
2. To work closely with the Centre Manager to ensure that the work processes, SOP and/or workflows are communicated and adhered to by all early interventionists under his/her charge, ensuring effectiveness of the programme.
3. To support the Centre Manager and work closely with administration supervisor, Heads of Therapists, social workers and psychologists, to ensure the needs of children, parents and/or caregivers and staff are met.
4. To be responsible for the suitable placement of students in the classes of his/her session, including internal transfers and transfers to/from EI Continuum programs.
5. To work closely with Head teachers of all sessions and centers and be responsible for the deployment of all EIC early interventionists (and including relief personnel, internship and attachment students), ensuring coverage and continuity of services and staff development
6. To lead, develop, and implement of centre-wide curriculum and programmes, initiatives, practices, and learning materials to improve the quality of natural learning environments.
7. To evaluate effectiveness of teaching/learning approaches, materials and other resources for maintaining highest standard of intervention for the children and their families.
8. To design/review and conduct the EIC specific induction programme for newly hired early interventionists and EIC staffs across EI continuum programmes.
9. To lead and implement effective external programmes/services and work collaboratively with the various stakeholders in planning and coordinating centrebased and home-based intervention services for children across EI continuum programmes.
10.To develop, coordinate and lead family and community programmes/services and community initiatives (integration/inclusion) to enhance child and family outcomes.
11.To plan, collaborate and implement outreach activities, to promote the centre programmes/services and collaborates with community stakeholders, volunteers and social service providers to deliver programmes and services.
12.To collate and verify submissions of documents made by teaching staff. To ensure timely, effective and accurate collation and submission of service tracking and other data as required for internal/external audits by the funders.
13.To assist in ad-hoc projects/committees as and when required.
14.To perform any other duties as directed by the Centre Manager, Senior Centre Manager, Director and/or CEO.
1. To provide coaching and mentoring, for all early interventionists under his/her charge to improve work performance (refer to EIC professional Framework) and review the effectiveness of the system as and when necessary.
2. To be in charge of supervision and appraisal, goal setting, learning and development. Identify respective teaching staff’s training needs and plan for Individual Learning Needs.
3. To coordinate all activities and be responsible for managing a team of teaching staff (early interventionists) assigned to the respective session, including organizing and leading and/or facilitating meetings such as Individual Section Meeting, case discussions, and sharing sessions under his/her charge.
4. To assist the centre manager in ensuring that the centre and physical environment is conducive (safe and hygienic) and properly set up for the implementation of Early Intervention Services.
5. To conduct workshops and training for knowledge sharing as and when required by EIC Heads/Centre Manager/Senior Manager/Director.
6. To provide directions for research data collection activities and present research finding at conference when commissioned by EIC Heads/mangers or AWWA management.
1. To upkeep the health, safety, hygiene standards and procedures, and implement the appropriate course of action to protect and support children to create safe learning environments.
2. To assist centre mangers to develop and implement emergency response and crisis management plans and policies, provide guidance on policies, and plan developments as and when required.
3. To perform any other duties as directed by the EIC Director. To perform ad-hoc assignments as and when directed by Head Teacher, Centre Manager and/or Senior Centre Manager