Job no: 493011
Work type: Full-Time
Location: Boon Keng Road
Categories: General Work, Nurse/Medical Support, Therapy
Principle Responsibilities (Home-Care):
- To assist in assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating the care given to clients.
- To conduct basic vital signs checks to clients. This includes: body temperature, pulse rate, respiration rate, blood pressure, & SpO2.
- To conduct blood glucose checking via blood glucose machine.
- To provide medication reminder service.
- To render basic first aid to clients with minor injuries.
- To provide Basic Activities of Daily Livings (ADLs) for clients. (Refer to Annex 1 for definition of BADLS).
- To assist client with simple housekeeping (this does not include high-rise window cleaning and areas that are unreachable without the aid of ladder) and laundry when required.
- To assist with other personal care tasks such as shopping/buying of groceries and/or running of simple errands in view that client has no support from caregiver(s).
- To provide escort service to clients for outpatient appointments in polyclinics and hospitals as and when required (possibly together with the caregiver(s)).
- To assist in preparation of meals for clients. (Preparation includes: buying of meals).
- To assist in facilitating client with table-top activities.
- To record and report accurately in relevant documentation format.
Principle Responsibilities (Center-Based):
- To render rehabilitation services according to prescribed exercises and regimen by therapists.
- To work with other staff to implement and execute services and activities to meet the needs of the respective clients.
- To conduct table-top activities based on the identified needs of the clients.
- To assist in facilitating individual or group activities.
- To be involved in overall management discussions of clients with other team members.
- To keep daily statistics of therapy or activities sessions.
- To assist in maintenance of client’s personal hygiene.
- To assist in ensuring cleanliness of the Center.
- To assist with simple kitchen tasks and maintenance works at the Center when needed.
- To provide escort service in the transport by assisting in fetching and sending the clients from their respective homes to the Center promptly and vice-versa.
- To ensure client’s safety while transporting them, i.e. to ensure they wear safety belts and that wheelchairs are clamped, etc.
- To record and report of any unusual incidents of clients and their behaviors to supervisor(s)
- Preferably some relevant education/experience in nursing care or home care
- Due to quota limitation, only Singaporeans and PR need to apply
- Strong in communication and fluent in various local languages
Advertised: Singapore Standard Time
Applications close: Singapore Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend