Educational Guidance Officer (EGO)
Job no: 492953
Work type: Full-Time
Location: Lorong Napiri
Categories: Education, Social Services
- Collaborate with CIS team members, clients, parents, and school to support the integration of the client in the school and community.
- Provide consultation to clients and parents on mainstream school placement / selection process, educational & career pathway counselling.
- Assess and provide transition support for clients moving into a different educational level or environment.
- Design and provide training and workshops for clients and parents on educational pathways and career readiness.
- Plan and facilitate school visits, for the purpose of promoting school integration.
- Work in collaboration with clients, school personnel, parents towards achievement of goals in the Individual Support Plan (ISP) for the client.
- Review client’s progress and intervention needs through six (6) monthly ISP and monitor their progress through feedback and consultation with parents and school personnel, where applicable.
- Work closely with team members to plan, promote, implement and evaluate career readiness programmes / activities for CIS clients and Alumni.
- Network and coordinate with community partners to provide career guidance, volunteering opportunities, internship and work experience for CIS clients and Alumni.
- Maintain efficient records of all the clients in his/her caseload.
- Diploma or Degree in Education/Special Education
- Minimum 2 years’ relevant experience in working with children/ youth with disabilities
- Experience in career coaching is preferable.
- Adept with computer skills, e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point
- Able to plan and implement programmes with minimal guidance
- Understanding of the educational landscape in Singapore and job opportunities for PWDs
- Independence in planning, implementing and evaluating programmes
- Proactive and able to work independently as well as in a team
Advertised: Singapore Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend